Pickup currently unavailable
With over 3 million sold, The Story tells the grandest, most compelling story of all time!
God goes to great lengths to rescue lost and hurting people. That is what The Story is all about: the story of the Bible, God's great love affair with humanity. Condensed into 31 accessible chapters, The Story sweeps you into the unfolding progression of Bible characters and events from Genesis to Revelation. Using the world’s most popular modern-English Bible, the New International Version, and printed in the exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® typeface, it allows the stories, poems, and teachings of the Bible to read like a novel. Like any good story, The Story is filled with intrigue, drama, conflict, romance, and redemption―and this story’s true!
- Selections from the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Events, characters, and teachings of the Bible are arranged chronologically
- Short transitions between each chapter to connect the reader to the continuing story
- Timelines of Bible events
- Foreword by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee
- List of characters and who they are
- Discussion questions for each chapter
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print typeface
- 11.5-point print size
The Story can be read on its own, used in a small group, or as part of the 31-week church wide-campaign. Companion curriculum is also available.
Using the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV) text makes the Bible accessible and easy to read. The NIV is the result of over 50 years of work by the Committee on Bible Translation, who oversee the efforts of many contributing scholars. Representing the spectrum of evangelicalism, the translators come from a wide range of denominations and various countries and continually review new research to ensure the NIV remains at the forefront of accessibility, relevance, and authority. Every NIV Bible that is purchased helps Biblica translate and give Bibles to people in need around the world.